Thursday, January 24, 2013

New Scrapbooking adventure and blogging!!!



YEAH!!!  I am getting one of the things that I wanted to do in 2013!  For sometime, I have been so intimidated by the idea of blogging!!  Well not anymore!  A bit about me, I am a nurse that has 3 lovely children, but fell into a funk when they all three got to the age "YEAH, I don't need Mom anymore!!!".... I have boxes and boxes of pictures of them AND, I am going to scrapbook a good number of them...and the life I lead now that I am an empty nester! (LOVING that!!!)

This memory is from July 1991 with my first son Jacob.  We piled in the car to go visit Gramma and Poppa in Sacramento, from Pendleton, Oregon.  Long trip with a baby who thinks he has to nurse every 20 minutes!

My project (and I will have to get a lot better at this--keeping track of what kind of paper and treasures I use!!) The paper is from Rustic Pickle from Fancy Pants (LOVE it) the larger suns are fussy cut, to fit the angles that I wanted.  I used the "love (heart) you" velum from simple stories, and the heart stickers from Fancy Pants.  I used pop dots/squares from Close to My heart and ribbons and brads from my stash.

 This is one of my favorite pages that I did a while back. Th paper, sticker, and flag was MME....but the rest of the flowers and bling,I am not for sure.  My dogs, upper left is Jeffery Michael Gordon, to his immediate right, is his mom Rose, and below that Jeff again, the next row is Trapper (Jeffery Michaels) daddy.  Below that is my beloved son, Jordan.

1 comment: